The swelling is gone. Yay! Mason is healing beautifully. We go back in 3 months for another checkup. Dr. K said to continue wearing the boot until we could get Mason in to his orthotist to have his AFOs adjusted or new AFOs made if needed. I was expecting this and asked him to hand me the prescription instead of sending it to our orthotist.
When we got out into the parking lot I called Mr. B, the orthotist, to see if he could fit us in today while we were in the city (we live about an hour from the orthotist so fitting this in today would save me a drive). He had just had a cancellation so we went to his second office. I knew that this was a possibility and had already printed directions from the orthopedic surgeon's office to each of the two orthotist offices so I could find them. Yay! AND I had packed Mason's AFOs (Ankle Foot Orthotics, short bracing coming to just below his knee) and his HKAFOs (Hip Knee Ankle Foot Orthotics, tall braces that hold Mason in a standing position so he can bear weight in his dynamic stander to strengthen his bones and bone density, no walking for Mason).
Phew! Other than Mason's weekly physical therapy there aren't a lot of appointments on the horizon medically. In early May he goes back to the developmental opthomologist who did Mason's double eye surgery in March. We'll find out then if Mason needs a new glasses prescription now that his eyes have healed.