October is Spina Bifida Awareness month! Our family has been touched by the realities of life with Spina Bifida. The good, the bad, and the unexpected can all be summed up quite simply:
There is no other way to describe this journey. Some miracles we have seen already:
- Mason is growing and usually healthy.
- He learns new skills and pushes the limits of his body to accomplish what he wants.
- Multiple surgeries with gifted surgeons. Without neurosurgeons Mason literally would not be alive today.
- Peace when things are uncertain.
- A joyful son who brings light to our family.
- A closer, more compassionate family.
- Deeper faith as we see God work daily in our lives.
I know that as Mason grows we will continue to see miracles.
I shared a whole series last October for Spina Bifida Awareness. Check it out to learn how all-encompassing those two little words are to changes from head to toe.